There's talk about a Lost Wages trip sometime late this year.
I've been to Vegas once before - Victoria Day long weekend, 1996 with Kat (long time good friend of mine). I even still have the text journal entries, I should dig them out and post them. We stayed at the Excalibur and it was fantastic fun. We weren't much into gambling. We did play some slots and I think I came out $8 ahead in total.
We went mostly to see the shows - King Arthur's Tournament (the one where you eat a cornish game hen with your bare hands); Sigfried & Roy; the Lipizaner Stallions; and I thought we saw something else too, but I don't remember now. Maybe we spent the entire rest of the time just walking around. That's one thing about a Vegas trip that seems to be universal: be prepared to WALK. A LOT.
My WishList of Things To See if/when we go:
- The Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton - Tix: USD$25 + tax.
- Mystère, Cirque du Soleil at the Treasure Island - Tix: USD$80 + tax. We need to get tickets way farking early for this. Like a few months in advance.
- Fremont Street Experience - it's a canopy over the street and it's a light/laser show to music. latraviata says it's free. =)
- Hoover Dam - I think this is a little ways away from Las Vegas itself...
- O, Cirque du Soleil at the Bellagio - Tix: USD$110.00 and USD$90.00 + tax. piyomomo's suggestion.
- Blue Man Group at the Luxor - Tix: USD$82.50 + tax. piyomomo's suggestion
- The Pirate Show - just outside the Treasure Island. This is a free show at specific times, but you kinda have to go early to get a good spot.
- The Bellagio Fountains - I think this is a free show at specific times.
I wouldn't mind seeing The Tournament of Kings (tix: $44.66) at the Excalibur again. But I WANNA SIT IN THE WHITE SECTION!!! Front row, if at all possible. Or if we can't, then front row in any other section.
I think we should try to book as much as we can ahead of time before we go. If you wait until you get there, things will be sold out, you wander aimlessly from hotel to hotel trying to find the ticket booth (because we won't have internet connection when we get there), you'll get crappy seats, etc.