August 8th, 2003
Work gave me two free tickets to the Arts Club Theatre. Thank you, Work! =)
The problem is, I have no idea what to see. Nothing jumps out at me from this list, so I'll take it to all of you to recommend something. My tickets expire August 31, 2003, but I'm going to try to get an extension.
( Collapse )
It's a fairly wide variety, I know. I prefer Light/Humourous over Dark/Depressing, if that helps.
I don't know if I should feel insulted. I think I should be. But I don't know... >KD
He meant to call me a "smarty-pants". But he accidentally hit ENTER in the messaging window just after "smart" and before "y-pants". I thought he meant "smart, y-pants" =D
- On the Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX to Ft. Lauderdale, FL flight, someone on the previous flight left Michael Crichton's "A Case Of Need" on my seat. Free reads, w00t! =)
- Being the very first person to take a brand spankin' new 2000 Mitsubishi Gallant (VERY nice car *purr*) off the Hertz lot.
- Day 1 dinner: (US)$80.00. Day 2 dinner: (US)$3.50 at the mall. XD
- Driving 6 hours straight from Boca Raton, FL up to Orlando, then from midnight to 6am from Orlando back to Ft. Lauderdale to catch the flight home. Colleague Guy couldn't drive (the dude was 24 and he did not drive!!!) and wanted to go to Disney World.
It worked out to be much cheaper to fly us back one day later, so we had a whole day to spare. By law, if we demanded to go home a day early, the company had to oblige. We were saving them a huge chunk in airfare, so on that alone, they would have let us expense a few extras.
The cost of two rooms in an average motel in Orlando, plus admission to Disney World, plus everything else would come out to even less than if we had stayed the extra day at the Raddison Bridge Resort in Boca Raton. So, going to Disney World on their dollar was more worth their while than not.
- Thought the tires were flat-ish at 3am on the Florida Turnpike. Had to find a gas station, pull in, get out and check it myself. Colleague Guy knew nothing about car stuff. Didn't have a tire gauge. Had to borrow one from the service attendant dude who adamantly would not help. It wasn't until after I came back that everyone was aghast at the thought of me driving in Florida in the wee hours of the morning. I still don't quite get it...
- Not having enough cash at the Turnpike tollbooth on the way back to Ft. Lauderdale and having to Canadian Girl Charm my way out of paying the $2.50... or was it $5.00? It wasn't my fault they didn't take any of my 3 credit cards. They only took Discovery... the ONE I didn't have. *sigh* I wasn't given an American Express to, like, weave into my hair, y'know? =P
But that's nothing compared to this SCA girl I once met who went to some event that she called September Drown, whereby she got lost, sprung a flat, finally found the campsite close to midnight, dog tired, but couldn't get to sleep until she pitched her tent, in the dark, by the headlight of her car, in the rain, with nothing but a hammer.