Yes, this just happened to me. Before I looked at the From: line, I thought the Pro-Lifers were doing some freaky offensive spam shit again. Fucking hell.
I should clarify: I thought it was from Total Whack-Job Pro-Lifers Who Are A Testament To The Need For Abortion By Their Very Existence, of which there are many, as opposed to the Sane, Intelligent Pro-Lifers who actually have a point and discuss it well.
1. Unless specifically stated otherwise, your children's appearance and antics are ONLY CUTE TO YOU.
2. Even if someone specifically states that your children are cute, the opinion solely represents that of the speaker, not every last living organism on the entire planet.
3. People who like you, don't always like your kids.
4. Corollary: Just because people don't like your children, doesn't mean they don't like you.
5. DON'T EVER assume your children are invited to someone else's wedding.
6. No, your children are not an exception.
I love children, in general. I understand you love yours. I also understand you were in labour for 5 days straight with contractions every single second of it. But REALLY. Whatever the hell happened to making sure the things you show are in presentable condition first? With large image and video files, you can at least have the decency to put them on your webspace and e-mail me the link.
You're a fucking PARENT now. Decency, discretion and good judgement are more important than ever before.
What's funny is that I only just read a friend's journal entry from this morning saying something similar, so I'm not the only one who feels this way.