- The Marketing Blitz. Don't ever call me an American or I'll have to sing songs at you. =)
- I Don't Celebrate My Birthday. A little about the family and environment I grew up in.
- CanadianWedding Community Intro. This post summarizes my wedding and how Husband Guy and I met.
- My Journal FAQ says quite a bit about me. This is a collection of questions I get over and over again. I guess these are the things that people want to know about me if they don't know me. Okay, some of them I only got once, but it amused me, so I put it in =)
- My LJ Userinfo. Can I do this? Is this cheating? My bio is very biographical =) Make sure you scroll down and gawk at my "Clients Used" list. Honest-to-goodness setup of the hardware, OS, environment and software for each and every one. No script-kiddie cheating.
- wallets, keys, etc.
- various personal documentation:
- the house insurance policy
- my degree
- his diploma
- our transcripts
- our current employment contracts
- car ownership papers
- a few changes of clothes
- all the wedding photos — two huge and heavy albums, 4 smaller albums
- An eccentric billionaire offers you US$50,000 and tells you to spend it within a week. Stipulations: you are not allowed to purchase investible instruments (stocks, bonds, gold bullion, etc.). Any money you do not spend will be gone by week's end. What do you buy?
- You are granted access to a device like the one in The Matrix that allows you to upload skills/knowledge straight into your brain. You are told you are allowed to select five skills/abilities to be uploaded. What do you choose? Why?
- The power of Presence. To alter behaviour just by being in the immediate environment without having to say or do anything.
- Human Psychology. At the risk of hating humans even more than I do now, I'd like to know everything there is to know about the mind.
- Mathematics. All branches. Absolutely everything. Math describes the Universe in a way that words can't even begin to.
- Chinese. Not just fluency in reading, writing, speaking, understanding of the language in all dialects, but the history, literature, calligraphy and all aspects of the culture where most of the metaphoric references in literature come from.
- Complete understanding of human anatomy and physiology.
I guess it's a matter of picking through all these posts and choosing the best five. There's a higher concentration of "About Me"s in my Open-Ended Question Surveys and Quiz Results, but if I had to pick 5, I guess they would be:
Gah... I wanted to pick something visual too, like my LJ Trading Card or my Which LJ User are You amusements. But there was no room for those... YAAAARRRGH!!!!! There are all these posts that I missed because I didn't catalogue them!!!
This was a great question. It made me think of things I need to do to emergency-proof myself. Not so much for a fire, but the threat of an earthquake is bigger here. I'd thought about trying to save my harddrives, but I wouldn't be able to do it in 5 minutes. We really should do something about our data.
Logically, I could part with the wedding photos. If those two monster albums are too heavy, I'd leave them. We have some of the pics scanned and online anyway. We can always re-take them, that's no big deal. But honestly, I think it would hurt me a great deal more than I'd admit if we couldn't save them.
Aaagh!! What's with all the money questions? I did a Money Challenge a little while ago. But these types of questions are, by far, the hardest I've ever had to answer.
How much time would (US)$50,000 buy me? That's what I really want. More time. More time tacked on to the end of my life. More time tacked on to the end of each day. This brings me to another interesting question: Would I pay to live forever? I would take the offer if and only if I could choose to die when I decide that I'd had enough. I wouldn't take it if I couldn't die ever again.
Can I trade in this money for more Matrix-Style Downloadable Skills in Question IV? I want to know everything there is to know about 1) World Economics, the description and analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services; and 2) and Politics, both in the sense of "the total complex of relations between people living in society" and "the art and science of governing a society". I reallyreallyreally wanted these two things too, but they didn't fit in the five =D