- Download "livejournal-client.xls".
- Optionally scan for viruses... "Written by brad, by hand, during a long, boring meeting" is probably enough that most people (myself included) would trust as virus-free, but scanning MS Office documents with macros is a good habit to get into anyway.
- Double-click the file to open in OOo Calc.
- Click "Enable Macros".
- Type in username and password in the respective fields.
- Double-click the grey area (I couldn't figure out what else to do with the grey text area to make it act as I expected).
- Paste test text in.
- Click "Post to LiveJournal".
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Refresh main journal view.
Expected: Post appears at the top of journal recent view.
Actual: Nothing happens. No errors, nothing that indicates anything happened. No new post in journal.
- I have WinXP, SP2
- No versions of Microsoft Office have ever been installed on this machine
- OpenOffice 2.0 is installed with ActiveX Controls
- I installed MSXML 4.0 separately because I saw something about that in the macro code. At first I installed the Parser only, no SDK, shut down Calc, re-opened it and it still didn't post. Then I installed the SDK and tried again, it still didn't post anything to my journal.
- My firewall didn't say anything about blocking anything outgoing from OpenOffice Calc or to LJ or anything that looks like it might have been trying.
Ah well, it would have been fun =)