In other news, I did a massive amount of code review today and I learned A LOT about Java. I grew up with C/C++, so Java isn't that far off. But still there are a lot of nitty-gritties that are different.
I knew I was missing a tiny information link when I had everything laid out correctly, but I was still getting unresolved symbol errors. Heh... it was because of this nifty thing called Obfuscation in Java that's exactly like stripping binaries in C. Except, in Java, you can strip the binaries partially. You can also pick and choose what to strip and what not to strip.
It was a matter of finding the thing in the build script that does the obfuscation and exclude/include different packages for debugging purposes.
After I got through that, I smoked through the rest of the day.
Okay, maybe except for the few moments that one of the developers checked in broken code. He comes over and apologizes to me... I'm like, "it's okay... as long as it wasn't MY fault" =)